N20 APP Configuration
1. What's in the box?
LaView N20 security camera system provides two N20 security cameras and one M1 Base Station.
With prevailing 2K resolution of higher image clarity, LaView N20 Wi-Fi battery cameras allow you to view every detail of your house in live streaming and to record footage with long-life battery life of 270 days maximum.
The M1 Base Station stores all your recordings from N20 cameras with a local SD card installed, and it also serves as a Wireless distribution system to enhance your camera connection.
Now let's open the box.
The package contains M1 Base Station, two N20 cameras, Ethernet Cable, Power Cable for the Station, Mounting Screws and Brackets for cameras, Charging Cable for cameras, Drilling Template and the User Manual.
Let's check this N20 camera.
The Lens is in the front, it is served by a 3MP image sensor for shooting videos.
The Light Sensor that detects light enables the camera to automatically turn on/off the IR night vision function.
The Microphone allows you to talk over the camera with the app and gather sound for videos.
The LED Indicator shows either camera network status or error prompts.
PIR Sensor downside detects infrared light feedback from objects and detects motions.
Mounting Hole is on the back of the camera.
The Speaker at the bottom supports both temper alarm and two-way audio function.
Let's turn up the rubber lid with a little power icon and check power button as well as the charging port.
Please always make sure the rubber lid is sealed after charging for weatherproof function.
Now let's check the Base Station.
The LED Indicator is in the front.
Plug in the M1 Base Station via the Power Port on the back.
The USB Charing Port allows you to directly charge your N20 camera.
The SD Card Slot is right below, it supports SD card with capacity up to 128GB and saves your footage from both cameras connected to the base station.
Connect your M1 Base Station by wired mode with the Ethernet Port.
Reset your M1 Base Station by holding down the SYNC Button.
At the bottom of the base station, the Speaker plays guide beeping along the setup process and work the same as it does for DB7 doorbell ring chime. (Video doorbell sold separately)
2. APP Installation
Download and open 'LaView' APP.
Select 'sign up' and register your account. Log in.
Tap the 'plus' icon on the top right and choose 'M1 Base Station'.
3. Connect M1 Base Station by Wired Mode
We are going to show you 2 ways of connecting the M1 base station to the network by Wired Mode and AP Mode.
We recommend you to connect the M1 Base Station by Wired Mode for more stable connection and easier setup process.
1. Make sure your LaView APP is with wired mode on.
2. Connect your M1 Base Station to the power outlet with provided AC adapter.
3. The LED indicator of the station will turn solid RED and last for 1 minute when the device is initializing. Don't terminate the process or power off the base station until the LED indicator blinks RED. Tap 'Next'
4. Connect your base station to the router via provided Ethernet Cable. Ensure the Ethernet cable is connected between the Base Station and the router. The LED indicator will light up once they are connected.
5. Make sure you've connected your phone and the base station to the SAME Wi-Fi router.
6. Connect your phone to 2.4 GHz network if your router supports dual-bandwidth. All of LaView products are not compatible with 5GHz network. Tap 'Next.'
7. If the LED indicator of the base station doesn't blink RED, please press and hold the SYNC button for 6 seconds to reset it, the LED indicator would turn from PURPLE to blinking RED. Tap 'Next'.
8. Ensure the LED indicator is blinking RED and that means your M1 Base Station is ready to connect.
9. The LaView APP will scan your local network for available devices, please make sure your phone and the M1 Base Station are under the SAME network environment.
10. Tap the little blue plus icon here to start connecting. It may take few minutes to finish the connection, also you need to keep your router, mobile phone and the M1 Base Station as close as possible during the process.
11. The LED indicator in the front would turn solid blue when the base station is successfully connected to the network.
4. Connect M1 Base Station by Auto-Scan Mode
You may also connect M1 Base Station by Auto-Scan mode.
1. Tap the little blue plus icon on LaView APP, then tap 'Auto-Scan'.
2. The Auto Scan mode will scan your local network for available devices. Please select a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enable Bluetooth.
3. Tap 'Next' after 'Auto-Scan' detects M1 Base Station.
4. The LED indicator in the front would turn solid blue when the base station is successfully connected to the network.
5. Connect M1 Base Station by AP Mode
Now we are going to introduce you how to connect your M1 Base Station via AP mode.
1. Switch the pairing mode to AP mode on the LaView APP.
2. Make sure the base station is powered up and the LED indicator is blinking RED.
3. If the LED indicator is not blinking RED, reset the M1 Base Station with the SYNC button as instructed previously. Tap 'Next'.
4. Make sure the LED indicator blinks RED, then tap 'Next'.
5. Select a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and input the password. Please notice that 5 GHz Wi-Fi will cause connection failure. You may switch Wi-Fi by tapping 'Switch' icon here. Tap 'Next'.
6. Now, you need to connect the phone to the hotspot of your M1 Base Station. Tap 'Go to Connect' and the LaView APP will lead you to phone Wi-Fi setting.
7. Choose the network named 'Smart Life' followed by 4 digits that synced with the last 4 digits of the MAC address of M1 Base Station. You can find the MAC address from the device information printed at the bottom of your base station.
8. Make sure your phone is successfully connected to M1 Base Station's hotspot.
9. Get back to LaView APP, the connection process will begin.
10. You will see the LED indicator turn blue when the connection is successful.
6. Connect N20 Cameras to M1 Base Station
Two N20 cameras are provided for the camera system. Let's connect the N20 camera to M1 Base Station.
1. Take out N20 camera from the box.
2. Tap 'Add Camera' on the device list page of M1 Base Station.
3. Follow the instruction sticker attached and hold the rubber button for 2 seconds to power on the camera.
4. You will hear a beeping along with LED indicator slowly blinking when the camera is powered on, and the camera is on pairing mode.
5. Ensure the LED indicator of the camera blinks RED slowly.
If not, please press and hold the rubber button for 10 seconds until the camera resets. You will hear 2 beepings when the camera is reset successfully, and the LED indicator of the camera will go back to slow blinking RED.
6. Tap 'Next'.
7. Use the camera lens to scan the QR code on your phone screen and make sure the lens is 3-8 inches away from the screen. You will hear a prompt if the camera reads the QR code.
8. Tap 'I Heard a Prompt'
9. The camera LED indicator will turn solid blue with 2 beepings from the base station when the connection is successful.
10. For better network connection, we would like to recommend you put the N20 camera at least 2 feet away from the base station during the pairing process and daily use. Since the transmission between M1 Base Station and N20 cameras
7. Purchasing Add-on Cameras
M1 Base Station connects 4 N20 cameras.
It's also compatible with DB7 video doorbell camera (Sold separately.)
Please visit LaView shop on Amazon or in LaView APP for purchasing additional N20 cameras or DB7 doorbell cameras.
8. Quick Access to connect N20 camera to another M1 Base Station
If you have multiple N20 camera systems, we provide a quick access for you to unbind the camera from one base station and connect to the other one.
1. Please hold down the rubber button for about 3 sec you will hear a beeping along with LED indicator turning solid blue to slow blinking RED.
2. Now, the camera will enter and stay in pairing mode. Then, please enter the device list of Base Station B, tap 'Add Camera'
3. Connect your camera as we instructed previously.
4. The camera is now connected to Base Station B and disconnected from Base Station A.
5. Camera will quit pairing mode after 3 minutes without operations or relevant paring failure.
9. Contact us
You can find common issues with solutions in LaView APP. And if the problem is not resolved, please feel free to send us the feedback and we will reach you once we receive it.
Use this popup to embed a mailing list sign up form. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page.
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.